January 28, 2014
We are 21 days into this. Some observations and updates:
1. I can eat a LOT more, if I eat the right things. I’m not hungry (most of the time).
2. I have completely rearranged the sequencing of when I eat. It’s very much a “food is fuel” mindset.
3. I actually CAN prepare food ahead of time. When getting kids ready for school… I can yell and chop at the same time. Multitask!
4. Eating out, healthy, is 33-50% more expensive than eating crap. (No, not fair)
5. I’ve dropped 7lbs in 3 weeks. I figured the first would come off fastest but that’s a bit above the pace we have set through May (minimum).
6. I have NO idea what proper portions or measurements are. None. Nada. A tablespoon, teaspoon, and a gallon might as well be the same. I continue to amaze myself at how WRONG I am in my portions. Try it some day, it’s amazing. Measure and/or weight stuff. Mind blowing.
7. I hate logging my food. Logging my food exposes what a pathological liar I am about what I put in my mouth, and I don’t like being called to the carpet for that. Good lesson on accountability.
8. You don’t have to be perfect.
9. My life is pretty chaotic. But that is no excuse.
10. Most GOOD waiters/waitresses will totally work with you and come up with some really creative ways to
11. Anything “cruciferous” was created by Satan himself and must be abolished.
12. I now know what cruciferous means.
I met with my eating coach last week. I did the logging for 14 days not only of what I ate (biggest hurdle) but how many “exchanges” it was (failed miserably on that) and how I felt (kinda sorta did that, I suffer from a Y chromosome which means I’m not so in touch with these “feeling” things as maybe I should be). Other than that, MANY changes in my eating, have to dump a favorite haunt because they just don’t HAVE some basic foods I need to eat.
I meet again next week. I’ve been failing to log, but restarted today.
One step at a time… Keep on going.
What tips do you have? Post below!