January 11, 2014.
For me, 2013 was a run at a frenetic pace. Yes, I used “frenetic” in a sentence and it’s not even on my word a day calendar.
This perfectly sums up the year.
The year started on quite the down turn. I made the decision in December to abort the experiment in running which had been 18months in the making. New coach, new approach, another 3-6months before we find out if it’s even going to work.
Then I got word that I was accepted be part of Team Rev3. Wha What?!?! Ok, did NOT see that coming. I have, as a matter of amusement, applied to be on various sponsorship teams. Never have I gotten anything, nor did I really expect to. I have done some Rev3 races before and I LOVED them and I knew many people who’ve done the same. And the trip for the Team Summit really gave me a taste of what I was in for… a crazy year. However, as a sponsored athlete (I still cannot stop smiling when I type that) I have new obligations and the financial side of my sport was going to radically change. I would never have been able to afford to travel to SIX races this year were it not for the generosity of Rev3 and the sponsors. I was able to upgrade most of my gear as well. All without spending any more than I normally would. HAPPY!
This travel-race scheduled mixed with incredible blessings of being majorly busy at work (after several years of “meh” business is booming!) mixed with Kids and Family obligations… means we had a freneticyear.
So, in 2014 it’s time to take everything to the next level and sustain balance. I’ve had a year to adapt to
- New kid school schedule – which we’re stuck with until 2021 (GAWD did I just say that?)… this schedule is a real biatch to my workout schedule of the last 10 years. Need to adapt. It’s been hard.
- Liz’s new writing schedule as she blossoms as a writer,
- Hiring for work like a maniac for work to stop working so much!
- Hired an eating coach (more on that another day)
- Refocusing my training now that I have some (not all) answers on my running. Focusing on Rev3 Knoxville Age Group Championships race
- Riding with purpose
- Swimming more than once a week
- Losing weight to get to a good race weight
I think it’s completely doable, 2013 was a time for growing pains and lessons-learned. I’m pretty sure I learned ’em. Time for a new year…
So 2014 – BRING IT!