March 7, 2015
Well, I was a bad blogger for 2014. This year, I will be better. Unless something gets in the way. Then I won’t. Oh, and I’ve got some training to do.
A LOT has happened since October.
1. I gained a lot of weight
2. I lost the weight, and more
3. I signed up for a couple of races. All in the first half of the year.
4. I have no idea what I’m doing in the second half of the year.
5. I started running again. For real.
6. Rev3 Triathlon Joined up with Challenge Family Triathlon and I was asked to join the Challenge Triathlon Team! I will continue representing one of the best race brands out there. This also allows me to continue to represent Powerbar and SBR Sports which makes me super happy!
7. The Pain Cave went under major renovations. Post on that soon.
So What AM I up to this year? Since 2014 was a slow racing year, I’ll just overcompensate in 2015! I will have more details in the MyRaces section later.
3/28 – Circular Logic Marathon (RELAY!)
4/10 – Illinois State Masters Swim meet – I do this every year. 1 mile + 400 IM and whatever else the coach wants me to do
4/26 – Jhawk Early Bird RAPTOR division Triathlon. I’ll do sprint tri in the morning. Then another that same morning!
5/17 – Challenge/Rev3 Knoxville Age Group Championships (Aquabike Division) + an extra 13.1 run for fun after
6/7 – Escape from Alcatraz – REVENGE – This will be my 4th trip!
7/12 – Challenge Roth 140.6 – Wait, did that say 140.6? Whoops I did it again! This is the one of the largest, best run, and fastest 140.6 course on the planet. And I’m going!
8/2 – Swim for Freedom – 8 mile swim relay
8/30 – Challenge Maine – Oly? Half? Volunteer? TBD
9/27 – J-hawk Latebird. Clydesdale? Raptor? Relay? TBD
11/15 – Challenge Florida – Oly? Half? Volunteer? TBD
So what are YOU doing this year? If you haven’t decided, consider a Challenge Family event and message me if you want a discount code and to meet up. Even if I am not going, I’m happy to connect you with some folks who are! DO SOMETHING EPIC!